Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 32 Wednesday, Feb1 finding my worth or settling

You should never undermine your worth and most definitely never wait on the value someone gives you.

The day seemed miserable as I felt I would have to dodge one call until I received another call that would determine the outcome. I felt unappreciated and almost disrespected.

I wanted to forewarn someone that a probable encounter may arise and wanted to ensure an appropriate response. Once I was certain that the encounter would not take place I kept the details ambivalent which was the wisest choice.

I prepared my letter and wanted to spitefully send it, something reminded me of the grace of others who have lost far more and even then never heeded to a lower level of conduct or sacrificed their character. Boy, am I happy that patience is one of my learned qualities?!

My hurt pride made me bluntly state a comment instead of asking the question and a call was promised back to me. The promised call back was returned in an hour which only gave me even more time to feed my hurt pride with more uncertainty and doubt.

Surprisingly, enough once I received the call back I had been totally wrong . A "sincere" response was given at the request and an inquiry would be done.  My closest confidant posed it with such respect, confidence, and the due importance.

Did you just notice how I stated that... "Surprisingly".  I still don't know my worth. I still don't see it. This was even said to me by my confidant. We will see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment